Various artists...

Im a 34 year old Mum of 2 year old twin girls, Claire & Charlotte. We live in the Hunter Valley, NSW and love to giggle. I am addicted to everyday art and that helps me scrapbook our lives. Our motto... "Get amongst it". I have just been announced as a Scrapbooking Memories Master, what a thrill!

Monday, July 24, 2006


So do you want the good news or the bad news?...

OK the bad first! While at the photo shoot with
Rachel Greig on Saturday, I dropped my new camera into the surf... dum dum dum dum... yep thats me DUMB DUMB! So peeved with my stupid self... I was trying to save these plaster angel wings (see below) from being carried away by a freaky wave and I dunked the camera.. It still works sort of.. but the shutter button no longer works so I cant take pics.. So I am a scrapbooker with no camera! Hello my name is Libby and I'm an idiot! Fancy trying to save a $30 plaster wing with a $600 camera ... Oh well now I know what I will be saving madly for until Christmas... I will have to ask for my old Kodak back from Mum for a while I think... poop! Never mind...back to the best news... Please anyone who reads and can do it... get in touch with Rachel and get your kids to a photo shoot with her.... more than Brilliant! More than value for money! The girls had so much fun... everything went so beautifully and Mum & Dad were so happy to be included in the day ... secretly I think Mum & Dad had more fun than the ladies.. we collected cuttlefish, (and avoided blue bottles LOL!) sticks and shells... we will going to the beach heaps this summer... its so refreshing to take kids to the beach and see the delight in the little things... really adjusts the old personal perspective.. Miss Greig is unreal too ...so down to earth and straight forward.. I've done a few professional photo shoots with the girls where the photographer is a bit precious.. you know ... "I have the expensive equipment and just stay over there and make the kiddies laugh" but Rachel is so relaxed and the preview of the pics is awesome.... I'm so happy...






A couple of the pics I was trying to take before I dunked the old camera...

*I am a doody head!*














Rachie (the philosopher) has tagged me - thanks Rachie!

Four Jobs I’ve Had :
1) Driveway attendant at the Servo close to home (while at school)
2) Equine Vet Nurse - thats a horse midwife in a nutshell
3) Scrapbook shop class teacher
4) Secretary/Data Entry

Four Movies I Can Watch Over And Over :
1) Fight Club - Brad, of course and the deep and gorgeous screenplay... plus Se7en too
2) Casablanca - hilarious for me more than romantic
3) Gentlemen Prefer Blondes - again brilliant!
4) How To Marry A Millionaire - Lauren Bacall.. what a siren and fantastic story... the wrong guy was the right guy all along LOL!

Four TV Shows I Love To Watch :
1) The Glasshouse
2) The Bill (this is hard to admit publically - please dont think less of me LOL!)
3) Funniest home videos - mainly to watch Claire in hysterics laughing at others misfortune.. she's her Mothers daughter... what can I say?
4) Eastenders - when I go to Mums I try to catch the highlights... when I had pay TV the world stopped for Walford! ROTFLMAO!!!

Four Important things to me :
1) Claire & Charlotte, then the rest of the family...
2) Money In the Bank (for security)
3) My car - I couldn't go to work or any of the many many places I go, without it!
4) Laughing hysterically every day... with measures of thankfulness for our great life

Four Tunes That Play In My Head :
1) Hotel California - The Eagles -Me too Rach
2) California Dreaming - Mummas & the Papas
3) Heaps of Ella Fitzgerald songs
4) The Letter - favourite shower song - the Joe Cocker version!

Four Favorite Food Dishes :
1) Hot hot hot stuff - chilli and heaps of it .Mexican & curries
2) Chinese - Schezhuan beef
3) Cherry Pie
4) A good cheesburger, homemade!

Four Websites I Visit Daily :
1) My email
2) about 700 blogs
3) Scrap Needs
4) Scrap shops all over the world to see whats new

Four Scrap company’s I like :
1) Heidi Swapp
2) Basic Grey
3) 7gypsies
4) Making Memories

Four Favorite Colors :
1) Black
2) Pink pink pink
3) Red!
4) White


so did I make you laugh Miss Rach? Wasn't that funny was it? ... Anyone who wants a tag... your wish is my command...


but if you do want a rib tickle... how's about you go here ...
http://scrapbookcritic.blogspot.com/ there are some 'interesting' comments on some people we know and love and worship or not! Just goes to show... women are the same the world over...!!!

and wow to Claire & Krystal being evicted... hmmm

ok now that's probably enough from me

cheers everyone!

Lib xxx

4 Comments:

At 9:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I am blissfully happy Lib in the knowledge that now I will have someone to sing the Eagles with at KiwiScraps lol!

Oh that and the fact you watch the Bill and Eastenders will keep me smiling for a while ;)

Thanks for playing Lib and I wont repeat the words I said when I read about your camera I am sorry you poor poor Doody Head.

 
At 10:10 pm, Blogger Nicole Finlayson said...

Oh no Libby, my camera is covered by my contents insurance chicky, maybe yours is too, that's awful poor you. :(

Checking out that site now ;)

 
At 4:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your camera.....checked out the blog..PMSL..obviously someone who has too much time on their hands...lol....hope your photos turn out magical!!

 
At 7:00 pm, Blogger Nathan Finlayson said...

Almost the perfect woman lib you love the bill and eastenders and you love old romantic movies and top gear, man if i wasnt married and had kids and lived so far away and blah blah blah.....;)


Love the the wings on the beach..

cya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home