Various artists...

Im a 34 year old Mum of 2 year old twin girls, Claire & Charlotte. We live in the Hunter Valley, NSW and love to giggle. I am addicted to everyday art and that helps me scrapbook our lives. Our motto... "Get amongst it". I have just been announced as a Scrapbooking Memories Master, what a thrill!

Monday, July 17, 2006

Dogs & Nature...

Been at Mum's all weekend and Im working tomorrow and Thursday... so... very exciting stuff happening next weekend.. It's Miss Marnie Rose's first birthday party on Saturday.. we hope to get there.. but the very EXCITING news is that our 2nd birthday photo shoot with the ever fantabulous Rachel Greig {at Forresters Beach} is on Saturday afternoon... Grannie & Grampa are coming along to watch (No photos of adults!!! LOL!) and Ive been waiting for so long, planning what to dress the ladies in (something warm) and what to bring... going to try to leave disgusting blankie in the car.. but Sinclair bear will have to be in on the action... cant wait very close now!

Here are some random pics of Mums dog Indy... long story as to how she got her name... I fell in love with Rhodesian Ridgebacks while I was living at home and so I needed a name for my new RR puppy. I wanted a name that was bold and brave and stood for protection.. cos these dogs are lion hunters in South Africa.. apparently they used to take the females out hunting and leave the males at home to guard the homestead... you wanna know why? Cos the males make too much noise.. they bark and are clumsy... Its the same with Bedoins (desert tent dwelling arab clan), they take the mares out raiding neighbouring tents cos the stallions whinny and snort when they see another horse.. I think there's something in that for all of us.. typical Males! always thinking with their little brain!!!

anyway I was rambling.. back to the story.. so the name I came up with was Indiana Jones, but, I didnt like the name in its entirety and because she was a girl puppy.. she became... Mrs Jones...

Mrs Jones was a lovely sweet gorgeous girl... then one day at Mums the truck driver who delivers the oats into the silo, ran over her with his 20 ton truck.. very sad day... I was pregnant with the girls and it hit me pretty hard.. but it hit Mum really hard... so she bought another RR puppy and that's her there... Indy (Indiana) see the theme.. and arent you glad you know all that? A day for rambling information obviously...
















This is one view from Mum's while t was still wet from the rain... only 16 mls... but better than no rain... how bare are those paddocks?

















And I leave you with random pics of lichen... feel free to copy them if you like... why I hear you ask? I dont know!




















OK that's it...

Lib x























Oh alright two more of Indy... she was sitting on the hay with the iron behind her... Ive paid heaps for photos in a studio made to look like this ROTFLMAO! Was too cold and wet to get the girls to the shed for pics.. but I will remember this spot... Lib x

4 Comments:

At 11:52 am, Blogger scrapadel said...

Libby, those photos of Indy are beautiful, I think there is a logical explaination for the women hunting thing, always knew it. Lol

Thats a sad story about Mrs Jones, pets are like kids to use, and it hits you so hard when they depart.

But I love the photos of Indi, what a beautiful dog.

Can't wait to see the photos Rachel takes of the little ladies.

 
At 8:26 am, Blogger Roz said...

oh Lib Indy is just gorgeous!! We had a RR girl (Tayla) for 10 years (she had to be put down last year from kidney failure) and she was the BESTEST doggy ever! I know they're sposed to be hunters, but she was sooooo gentle, placid and loving, and a big sook really! So seeing Indy is just bringing back so many wonderful memories of Tayla. Is it possible to still get upset over the loss of a pet this long after? I miss her so much.

Ok, now I rambled back at you lol

 
At 10:29 pm, Blogger George said...

Oi! Lovely dogs, but I think that the males are more intelligent than you give them credit for. I think that they secretly plan to reveal the illusion of clumsiness and do in fact posess superior intellect in comparison to their female counterparts. But there again, when it comes to us humans, we males seem to struggle with the simplest of tasks. Perhaps I should shut up now, before I incriminate myself and embarrass the whole male species....

 
At 11:18 pm, Blogger Kelley said...

It is a gorgeous dog Lib!
Cant wait to see some pics from the photoshoot!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home