Various artists...

Im a 34 year old Mum of 2 year old twin girls, Claire & Charlotte. We live in the Hunter Valley, NSW and love to giggle. I am addicted to everyday art and that helps me scrapbook our lives. Our motto... "Get amongst it". I have just been announced as a Scrapbooking Memories Master, what a thrill!

Thursday, June 29, 2006



Does anyone else go nuts buying 'bargains' this time of year?... My elbows become sharper and my height, well... heightens... Today after work, I was very nearly knocked over by a smelly woman who obviously wanted the rashie shirt more than me.... speaking of me.... LOL! This is a photo I snapped of the ego itself yesterday... I was trying 'Elsie Flanagan' shots. I have a fringe now... ummm

Congrats to Chris Millar and her front page of For Keeps... a little birdie also told me she cracked the next For Keeps cover too... wow I wonder how that feels?... one day perhaps...

I cant seem to make a bloody decision atm about what Im going to do for work... this week I think I want to go back to night watch (Its awesome money and great fun bringing baby horses into the world - its almost like touching God I reckon... 3 o'clock in the morning... poor Mumma pushing her little heart out... then slip slop slap out they come... great job - and it only runs for 4 months a year) We'll see what I decide to do next week...

The night out last night was hilarious... about 15 of the local gals including Mrs Sarah Moore (bloody legend that one!! and she's looking so much better now after her little illness) and we ate laughed shopped etc... laughed then ate some cake... Denise's daughter made a 'thankyou' power point presentation.. that was cool! Pressies were handed out... What do you give a woman who owns a Scrapbook shop??? Another Scrapbook shop??? LOL!

Hopefully a peaceful weekend this weekend... no visitors... that will be a nice change... and getting really stuck into the Masters entry... it has been so much fun... Im not sure I will want to send it away... if Im lucky enough to get through to that stage...

Claire is all about words this week... she's copying every word she hears... so cool... we'll be chatting together in no time... I never did shut up from 2 till 32 LOL and poor baby Chuck is finding back molars are a nasty thing to happen to a girl... nothing is sacred... everything has teeth marks in it... she's taken a doll to bed with her tonight... loves being tucked in... the doll freaks Claire out and she wont even hold it... Claire looks at Chuck like she's got two heads when she picks up the doll...

finally Rachie...

I am jealous of... every living thing, every inanimate object... every single thing has unique talents and gifts of which I am jealous... The pure snow, the clever fox, the blue sky, the true love... I hold my jealousy dearly... I freely admit when I am jealous... Im an enigma wrapped in a riddle arent I? Jealousy often is the catalyst to my success... that doesnt make me bad.. it makes me human... OK I have faults, flaws.. I am not perfect... never have been, never will be... but I am the best Libby I can be... I am jealous a lot. Every day. However...

I also know that the grass is not as green as it seems from here... Scratch the perfect veneer... and lo... it is just veneer... there is no infinate wealth/beauty/talent/happiness/love/etc (life is hard work) jealousy has a negative connotation, as opposed to envy. Envy doesnt seem to have the nastiness associated with it that jealousy has. That's all I have to say about that...

So its yawning that I leave you...

nighty nite

Lib x

5 Comments:

At 8:48 pm, Blogger Nicole Finlayson said...

Wow Libby, you're a fox!!!!

Thanks for the comments on my blog but yes you are right, the grass is not always greener and life really is hard work, no matter how wonderful it may seem...;)

I'm LOVING your list and have been having a little chuckle over the chucky-doll image!!!

Nic xx

 
At 9:26 pm, Blogger Chris Millar said...

Insert wolf whistle here!!!!!!! Hey sexy mumma!!!Lovin' that fringe and the photo is soooooo cutesy! Can't wait to see you scrap that one!!!
Thanks for mentioning me, you're such a supportive person Lib! Love ya!
Oh yeah, the night work sounds interesting!

 
At 9:26 am, Blogger Megan said...

Oh Lib I love the Elsie shot!!! You look gorgeous!

Megan xx

 
At 6:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the fringe Libby!! The night shift sounds like hard work, but very rewarding as well!!

 
At 6:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can anyone really underestimate the power of a fringe!

One deliberates over such decisions for a great amount of time and to get one, when one has been without is truly audacious.

Lol Libby I love the fringe, the pic, really love your list and am so grateful you survived smelly vicious shopper woman!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home