Various artists...

Im a 34 year old Mum of 2 year old twin girls, Claire & Charlotte. We live in the Hunter Valley, NSW and love to giggle. I am addicted to everyday art and that helps me scrapbook our lives. Our motto... "Get amongst it". I have just been announced as a Scrapbooking Memories Master, what a thrill!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Its begining to look a lot like FROST-MAS!!

This was the view for us this morning...






















Yes Im in a silly mood... but thats a good thing... now this is my second post today... you will notice however there isnt another post here to read... this seems to happen to everyone... you finish an entry and when you publish it says No! cannot find server or some such rot... so you go back and the whole post has disappeared... ho hum... there's an hour Im not getting back.... bugger!


This is my lovely ornamental plum... if anyone out there is thinking of planting a large lovely tree in their garden you cant go past a Manchurian Pear love those large blossom trees... Coolmore ripped out all the poplars and planted these pear trees and they're awesome... just thought Id add some tree info LOL!

Claire's been wearing my winter heels around and has found that the acual heels make a fabulous squat seat... tres comfortable - she's all class that girl. Charlotte has been up to her old tomboy tricks, at daycare yesterday she rode an old rusty dinky she found at Chris's up to the top of the concrete ramp, turned around and took her feet off the pedals and flew down the hill into the pool fence... talk about Crusty Demon... I was right You Can Follow Her But Its Gonna Hurt!












The wild woman herself!


The
Memory Bugs Design Team has been announced... I applied but got my thanks but no thanks email yesterday... Huge congrats to the girls who got on Way to go Bethro!

The HS newsletter is out and fabulous... wonder what the new Summer CHA thing she mentioned is? (See the top of the wine cannister)

Dying to find out who the new guest designer for Tarisota is... imagine trying to keep that a secret... a new designer is joining them too... wonder who? ... I read Tamar's blog and wonder secretly if she gets more than 24 hours a day to achieve what she does. I didnt apply for the Tarisota Designer but I wanna know who got it...

Mrs Hall's fabric packs have sold out! She's thrilled and Im so happy for her... Even got an overseas order... Jen has a brilliant sense of colour and design so who better to take the overwhelming choices for fabric and cut out the hassle... so very proud...

Ive been having dreams about being pregnant and seeing as though I havn't been within coo-ee of a bloke in years Im going to have to consult the resident dream guru Nicole about it...

Speaking of Nicole...
its Wednesday and its time to go to confession... my Wednesday confession... I have two washing machines... one is new and a front loader.. the other is an old second hand top loader which I cant seem to bring myself to sell... admitting this is hard... this old machine reminds me of the incredibly tough time when Damian left me after 3 years together... I was 7 months pregnant with his girls and had to quit my job, move out and find a place to live and pay $135 a week rent for a two bedroom flat in the worst part of town... a dealer lived above me... So I managed to save up and bought the old girl... she has never let me down and still works... the lady who sold her to me was lovely and mentioned she'd never washed in warm water only cold and had really looked after the machine, so it was with a sense of utter desperation that I saved the $90 to buy the machine... That machine means so much more to me than a lump of old whitegoods and I seriously cant bear to sell her... I know this sounds nutty and those who know me will find it hard to believe... but attached to that machine is all the emotion of a 32 year old woman who was very close to the edge... I had my car (which was unregistered at the time 'cause I couldnt afford it - Im still paying the car off) and a washine machine and I was living week to week. I had no idea what I was going to do, where I was going to live and how in God's name I was going to raise twins by myself.... I look back now and it seems a long way off .. but that machine .... she was with me then... at my lowest.... so I think I will hang on to her until Ive perhaps done a BOM (Book Of Machine) on her and then maybe I will find her a good home....

Im crying now


see ya

Lib x

5 Comments:

At 4:01 pm, Blogger Chris Millar said...

Me too, crying that is! Oh Lib, what kind of a fool man leaves a wonder woman like you?! Roar baby Roar cause you're so strong! Your BOM journalling is right here in your post. Hang onto that machine, you never know when you're going to meet a girl in a similar situation that might just need that old girl!

 
At 5:17 pm, Blogger Roo said...

Hey Libby. Love the pics of your little darlings, too cute. Hang onto that machine as long as you need to.
Hugs

 
At 10:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Lib, cold, brrrr......... And would love to have got a shot of you laying on the ground to get that second shot of the grass. Would have been a classic. lol

Hang on to the Washing Machine, old friends are hard to find, and she sounds like a beauty.

 
At 9:27 pm, Blogger Nicole Finlayson said...

Wow Libby PERFECT confession GOOD girl. Take lots of pics for your BOM and keep it like someone said until you meet someone who needs it. That's why it's with you. :)

Nic xx

PS, don't know how GURU I am with dreams but apparently I'm okay so bring it on girl, what can I say??? ;)

 
At 5:21 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Libby hope you dont mind me saying but that was ballsy!

You must be a hell of a woman to do what you have done!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home