Various artists...

Im a 34 year old Mum of 2 year old twin girls, Claire & Charlotte. We live in the Hunter Valley, NSW and love to giggle. I am addicted to everyday art and that helps me scrapbook our lives. Our motto... "Get amongst it". I have just been announced as a Scrapbooking Memories Master, what a thrill!

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Im as mad as Hell & I'm not going to take it anymore!

OK When I said I cleaned the house... well I neglected to say "all except the scrap room". I’m mad as hell, and I’m not going to take it anymore!... I’ve had it up to pussy's bow with looking at freaky-clean organised, stuffed to the rafters, not a paperclip-out-of-place scrap rooms... Now I’m one of the lucky ones who can afford the luxury of a whole room (the master bedroom, no less! - its huge! but it's also cold in Winter and hot in Summer lol and therefore not conducive for restful slumber lol) ... but I have a rather meaty bone to pick with all the anal neat freaks out there...

I was over at the effers blog tonight and I decided, that’s it! I’m taking pics of my scrap room... to get it off my tiny chest! However, there's a catch,

"My name is Libby Morris and I’m a scrap-pig!"
"Hello Libby"

...take that as your warning! All the anal neat freaks should look away now!... stop reading! Place your mouse to one side... close the browser, have a cup of camomile tea, and come back in early May! lol

I scrap amongst the most ridiculous mess you have possibly ever seen... and I love it! No gorgeous teak floor to ceiling armoire for this little black duck... Give me a square of carpet and I give you my filing cabinet... most of my stuff is on the floor, where I like it! I can get up and put my hand to any little thing I may need!

So I guess what I’m saying is I’m out of the closet... and all over the floor lol and here are the pics to prove it. I don’t clean up after every project either...

and that noise ladies and gentlemen, was the audible gasp of Miss Kellie C and a thousand like her...lol


It's very LIBerating to post "my scrap space" pics here.. The secret's out!... You see, unless I was as financially secure as Oprah, I feel that spending money on scrapping 'furniture' is like 'fucking for virginity'... - totally pointless... when I’m going to 'place' things on the floor anyway. If I cant see it... I wouldn’t be pushed to use it. So all my cupboards would have no doors and then I can’t see the bloody point of having a cupboard.

Although I love to potter through Freedom and Ikea... I wouldn’t go letting any of their blonde-wood, not-assembled, making some Nord filthy-stinking rich, clever, {did I mention not-assembled} cupboards and natty filing cabinets through my scrap room door. (I might add that other rooms of the house would warmly welcome such aforementioned items) lol

So suffice to say here I am, bared to the world as a newborn to a Doctors slap.

Scoff, laugh, titter, think of me what you will, but its the truth.

I have the courage of my convictions, and I aint gonna clean my room!

*Folds arms and pokes out tongue*






















Miss Megan (Of the perky breasts) dared us on Scrap Needs to move out of our comfort zone, you know, if you always use flowers, dont! ... so here is my challenge entry... cos Ive never done a heritage page, and well this is my effort.. when I look at it now I reckon the photo should have been sepia not B&W, but its as heritage as I get at the moment... I liked the boundary push and Im going to do some more 'heritage'. (the photo of the page is a little (?Little???) wonky, sorry about that)






Hmmm well now I can start the new week with a clear conscience and a cleanish home... {tongue is placed firmly in cheek}

Hope all had a great weekend! Im crossing my fingers I win Miss Julies Easter bunny, the scrap needs challenge and Kellie's 80's challenge and the footy tipping ... but apparently you can't win them all... you CAN however give it a
RED HOT GO!

Happy thoughts to all of you who are going through some difficult times... and bubbles of happy sunshine to all of you.

with much love

Lib xxx

7 Comments:

At 7:01 pm, Blogger Kelley said...

LIB - I Love ya!!! My scrap space is a bloody mess aswell!! LOL!!! I still know where everything is too!!! Love it that way!!
I hope you win them all too - But i wanna win that bunny cause that is so darn cute!! LOL!!!

 
At 11:42 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi I'm Sheree, and I'm a scrap pig too. rofl.

Yes my desk is messy, yes my desk on any given day will have at least 2 - 3 coffee cups on it, a plate that I ate my breakfast on, and at least 3 half empty cans of diet coke.

And yes mam, my floor is covered in shite too.

Worse thing is, I scrap in our computer nook, which is inbetween the kids bedrooms, which means going to the loo in the middle of the night can be very hazardous for little petals some nights. rofl.

See Lib, you're not alone. I could feel my heart pumping trying to scroll down to the pics of your room, without missing a word you'd written, just to know there was someone else LIKE ME!!!!

YAY, I LUBS YOU MORE NOW LIB. lol

 
At 8:47 am, Blogger Mrs Positive said...

ROFLMAO! Sheree I moved the coffee cups to take the photo... the best thing is I feel so much better now Ive confessed lol

 
At 9:57 am, Blogger Rebecca Maree Photography : Newcastle maternity, newborn, family and wedding photographer said...

totally awesome! I love it :o)

 
At 9:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel better now you've confessed too!!! Funny thing is Wednesday night, I was chatting with friends about my mess on MSN, and I took a pic and showed themt too. rofl.

Must be fess up week.

 
At 10:53 am, Blogger Chris Millar said...

Oink! Oink!LOL
I'm one of those anal ones Lib, but your scrap space doesn't look that bad at all - it looks totally workable and comfortable to your needs! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 8:34 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Libby...

Fast forward ... April 2018 ...

"NO Ladies...You may not leave the house until your rooms are done"
"AARRR MUM"...
"Don't aarrr mum me ... clean"
(Adorable blond teenage twins with hands on hips and smerky smiles hold up photo from 2006 and say nothing)
"Bye ladies ... have a good time!!!"

OOOPS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home