Various artists...

Im a 34 year old Mum of 2 year old twin girls, Claire & Charlotte. We live in the Hunter Valley, NSW and love to giggle. I am addicted to everyday art and that helps me scrapbook our lives. Our motto... "Get amongst it". I have just been announced as a Scrapbooking Memories Master, what a thrill!

Monday, September 11, 2006


EAT, DRINK & BE........ MARY!

Now this is a quick little post so I can clean up a bit and get rid of these pics from the 'puter... While at Kiwi Scraps (Got the gift vouchers in the mail today- high tail it to the kiwi scraps website if you want one of those Junkits box books from the perspectives classes... kiwi scraps HERE!!! works out to be $18.50 AUD!), anyway... I took these pics and thought you all might like to hear the little blurb that goes with them...



During the CC event there was a ball running in the ballroom (funnily enough) for the SEAHORSE SOCIETY (No offensive material contained in the website) These are the pics I took of the decorated ballroom.. It looked like a fancy 80's formal (in a rainbow theme)... Now I don't have enough headspace to comprehend the chutzpah it would take to sit down with your spouse and tell them... You want to be/or dress as the opposite sex... to be totally true to your feelings no matter what the consequences... I admire these people and you know what I learned... I've made some huge, huge mistakes in my past relationships.. Been way too selfish and I've lost what could have been the loves of my life... Let this be a lesson to you, Oh best beloved's.. love the one you're with FOR their every thing, not what you see but also what you don't see...

There were wives (that too, in my humble opinion, takes a lot of courage, to step out with your cross-dressing partner), dressed to the nines out supporting their other halves at this ball, both dressed as women...

IF IT MAKES YOU HAPPY, you shouldn't be denied the simple pleasure of frocking up and putting on a bit of lippy, even just once a year. I think I would be totally selfish and "what will the neighbours think???" if my partner told me, but I think that's a lesson I've got to learn. From my upbringing (It stems from my great great grandmother, an Irish Matriarch if ever there was one - hello Mary Kelly!) I've been told to worry what others think, and although I've kicked over the traces in most aspects of my life, my relationships with men have always been based on appearances and what the neighbours might think... Well here I am, 34 and Im running to the window to throw up the sash and scream.. I've had enough and Im not going to FAKE it anymore!!!"

Happiness at any cost... Kell, Mandy & I got to meet a 'lady' who looked much like Kell's FIL, who, resplendent in 4 inch heels and a gorgeous ensemble topped with a stole, explained and answered our questions with grace and dignity... I hope she had a great night!

(Reading back on this it almost sounds like a 'coming out' statement.. LOL! No Im not a cross dresser/lesbian.. not that there's anything wrong with that)

I will take this new found wisdom with me to the next relationship (God willing there IS another ROTFLMAO!)

So I raise a toast to men and women of the Seahorse Society... ballsy in more ways than one!!!


Now Top Gear is on... its time to go... oh the BMW M5, that would look great towing a horse float LOL! (OMG power V10 - drool drool)


Xx Libby xX


6 Comments:

At 10:48 pm, Blogger Nicole Finlayson said...

Gorgeous post Libby, absolutely spot on. :)

Of course there WILL be another relationship girly, it will come along when yhou least expect it and you'll be ready to take it on no matter what. :)

Nic xx

 
At 11:47 pm, Blogger Lauren said...

What a lovely room!!!! What an amazing post, as i've said before i find your post amazingly inspiring on a non scrapbooking level.

Thanks for Enlightening my day. (I think that's spelt right) ROFL!!!

Thanks again Lib, & enjoy your week.

Lauren

 
At 7:55 am, Blogger Roz said...

Hey Lib! It was sooo great seeing you again! but there was just not enough time!

Loved your post- you're gorgeous. And, there will be that special one for you :O)

 
At 4:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep definitely each to their own I say!! And they sure have courage more than most as people are not too tolerant of differences really. Though I did almost get squashed by a very big guy in a red spanish dress getting out of a taxi!

And gorgoeus Lib life has a strange way of working out even if there are some rough bits I think :)

And can you stick a cute pony in the post for E???

 
At 6:08 pm, Blogger Roo said...

It takes all sorts to make the world go round :-)
And there will be another man for you - and right behind him one for me :-)lol

 
At 9:47 am, Blogger Kelley said...

Awww where are you Lib??? I miss ya!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home